1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the Parmesan and chives and mix through.
3. Mix the egg, milk and butter together and add to the dry ingredients. Lightly mix through until dry ingredients are just moist. Batter can still be lumpy.
4. Fill the hollows of the muffin pan until 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when gently pressed with the finger.
6. Remove from oven and allow to rest in pan for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
7. Serve with interesting fillings. Makes 6 - 8 muffins
1. Fig preserve
2. Fried bacon bits
3. Grated Yellow cheese of choice
4. Chunky cottage cheese
5. Marinated peppers
6. Blue cheese
7. Sundried tomatoes in olive oil vinaigrette, drained, with Brie Cheese