INGREDIENTS1, 25 litres boiling
1. Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a large heavy-based saucepan, reduce heat and keep warm.
2. Mix the egg white, salt and cornflour together. Add the chicken pieces and toss to cover.
3. Add the noodles to the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Meanwhile, the oil in a heavy-based frying pan add the chicken and vegetables and fry for 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the soy sauce, sherry and sugar and simmer for another 2 minutes. Add vegetable and chicken mixture to the stock and noodles and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
5. Season to taste and serve warm. Serves 4.
Tip: Allow soup to cool slightly and blend with a stick blender until soup is processed but not smooth.